Oct 11 - Clearance sale

All of our Bespaq miniatures are on clearance, together with some other fine miniature furniture.

Just type clearance into the New England Miniatures search box to see a list of all clearance items.

8 more new items

New additions this week.
For bigger pictures with more information, including sizes, visit the 
New England Miniatures

New additions this week.
For bigger pictures with more information, including sizes, visit the 

Marvelous Matchstick Models

 photo PAtrick-Acton-Matchstick-Architecture-537x429_zpsda542933.jpg
Iowan Patrick Acton started building matchstick models as a hobby.

You have to see these - Hogwarts and more!
Pictures HERE and more pictures HERE.

The Blog Index

New  England Miniatures has some of the lowest prices you'll find on  Reutter miniature furniture and accessories, and they're in stock - no waiting.  We ship by US Priority mail 2-3 day delivery.
Miss Frobisher's Cottage - my first scratch dollhouse

Through a doll's eyes - Introducing Doll Frobisher, owner of the Bungalow

The Bungalow - complete photo set of the dollhouse 

Dollhouse Books  -  a list of some of my favorite books about dollhouses.

A little information about Victorian houses  - and a link to my Victorian blog

Photos of the kitchen - from the movie Coraline

I have a need to add landscaping to each of my dollhouses.
…intro -- shaping & painting sponges -----reindeer moss---using sand to simulate mowed grass----balsa wood blocks to make stone steps

using foam,plywood or paper mache to make rises in the land to cover your dollhouse foundation and to create visual interest in your minigarden.-----bushes from sponges---plywood for paving stones----a small tree from a twig & reindeer moss.----using Great Stuff insulating foam to make ground cover

Mulch, soil, flowers and plants

 More ideas for miniature plants

A Faux stone floor - How I used drywall compound to make a stone floor.

New England Miniatures' Links to Tutorials

The Beach House from start to finish --A 1:12 beach house from scratch -- trying for lumpy sand -- building the furniture -- fold down shutters

The Kitschy Kitchen roombox -- Kitsch....(noun)..tawdry or sentimental art (from German).
 A very sentimental frame of mind led me to create a cottage kitchen, inspired by the kitchen roombox I had made years before My Mother's Little Kitchen.----Building the room box from scratch --plastere over egg carton stones -- hearth stones made from plaster -- making the furniture -- a faux window

My mother's little kitchen ---A miniature Lithuanian cottage kitchen I made for my mother

Finished pictures of Lithuanian Cottage kitchen -- and a recording of Lithuanian folk tunes – 1929 

Tall Chimneys -- A British mid Victorian farmhouse

The Gnome's Cottage - a northern European log house, all built in gnomish scale

Another Gnome's Cottage - another version of the log cottage -- building it from start to finish --- windows, the door

The Pumpkin House -- what to do with a styrofoam pumpkin

The Baron's Study - a roombox

The Nuthouse ---This was a step by step building blog I wrote for a British retailer.

Ashley's Heritage Dollhouse --a long, long time ago I built a Duracraft Heritage and an addition for it

Amos Gooch’s cottage, part 1 – A Maine fisherman’s cottage--- starting with a Greenleaf Buttercup --- nicely worn & scuffed floorboards

Amos Gooch part 2 ---weathering the shingles

Amos Gooch part 3 - --Using Michael’s hutches to make some cabinets

Amos Gooch part 4 ----fooling around with furniture

Amos Gooch part 5 ---faux finishing a table 

Amos Gooch part  6 ---Starting work on Amos Gooch’s front yard ----crushed shell walk, soil & sand

Amos Gooch part  7 ----Amos’s lumber pile – painting a barrel, and some more plants

 Amos Gooch part 8 ----Amos’s garden, continued – painting the walk to look like crushed shells – making seats for the garden -- adding more beachy plants

 Amos Gooch part 9 ---finished exterior

Amos Gooch part  10 ---Little Star Gooch finally has some hair

The finished cottage ---& making simple curtains for a working man’s house

More pictures of Amos's Cottage

333 Franklin St - The Franklin St project kept running into problems. I lost interest in it, and it still sits unfinished. The parlor was finished, with a nice mural. I've included photos of the parlor with several different furniture arrangements, but some of the furniture shown is no longer in stock.-------pages are linked in sequence.  Also included is a bit of information about faux marbling the fireplace.

19th century cottage wash house --- scratch built room box ---still not quite finished as of 1/1/13

Didn’t have time to work on the wash house – a link to working with plaster cloth

Cottage wash house part 4 --- Old “plaster” over “bricks”

Cottage wash house part 5 – Timber!  Making aged timbers

Cottage wash house part 6 – more about old timbers

Cottage wash house part 7 – making a lattice window

Cottage wash house part 8 – how to make a faux stone sink
Don’t cry it’ll be alright – sometimes things just don’t come out right, but in the end it'll be great.

Half scale

I know some people are confused by dollhouse scale. At New England Miniatures we stock mostly 1" scale, but we also have half scale items.
To make it easy, all our half scale items are kept together in one section.

Not all half scale miniatures are the same half scale, which can be a big problem. When shopping for half scale miniatures it's very important to read the sizes in the item descriptions.

At New England Miniatures we try to make your shopping experience as easy as we can.

As of today, we stock the complete half scale Monticello Collection from Aztec.